Sunday, January 20, 2019

Gate of Deliria records label interview







1. Could you tell a bit more about gate of deliria  records  label?

gate of deliria  records  label said :

Hello, my name is Jari and I'm the owner of Gate Of Deliria label & distro in Helsinki, Finland. This is one-man hobby and passion for analog underground sound. The label is small and focused on sludge-doom & sludgecore bands mainly from Finland, but the latest release is Negative Slug from Zagreb, Croatia.And that's the first cassette release of the label. I started this as an vinyl label, but cassette has also good analog sound, so why not. This label & distro ain't about money. All the money I invest in this hobby remains there. I do a lot of wholesale from other DIY labels to grow and make G.O.D.distro interesting. And at same time I feed my hunger of all the great underground bands which are around the world. I'm endless riff seeker. Last two years I've been lot of into grindcore. So I will release some serious grind, too. This is music from a fan to fans.


2. When did you start with the gate of deliria  records label and are the bands satisfied with your services?


gate of deliria  records  label said :

The first release came out 24th of July 2014. That's the day one. I started to plan this label over two years earlier.The start was slow, so I focused to grow distribution side as well. So far the bands has been satisfied...


3. What bands can expect from you?


gate of deliria  records  label said :


I give them 100 % freedom to express their music and art. I give money for physical vinyls or tapes (sometimes I ask them to correct tiny details ;-). Bands get 10 % of vinyls or cassettes to themselves. Then I do my best to spread their music around the world. I also sell vinyls and tapes at local gigs here in Helsinki.It's fun to cycle with my distro bike and meet like-minded people.


4. Could you give some advice to bands about the underground scene?

gate of deliria  records  label said :

Make noise about yourself. Do a demo/stickers/pins/patches/t-shirts, send e-mails to diy labels, use social media. And most of all, do gigs as much as you can and do gigs with different kind of bands. Don't drink too much before gig. Be friendly to other bands.But I think you already knew this...


5.Could you say something at the end for the blog All for one and one for all?


gate of deliria  records  label said :

I always listen to demos and band links which I received. But I think this year is fully planned for upcoming releases(there might be change for one release the next winter). Year 2020 will be important to me in many ways and then I like to release serious vinyl collection of sludge bands around the world. So let me hear about you...
Thanks for this interview. Your blog have a great name :-)

Support Analog Underground Sound!

Support your local bands!!

SMASH THE FASCISM!!!

http://gateofdeliria.blogspot.com/

https://www.instagram.com/tzarpoke.gateofdeliria/

https://soundcloud.com/user-809048169

https://www.facebook.com/gateofdeliria

No comments:

Post a Comment